Austin Area Sales Representative
We are currently looking for ambitious, extroverted, sales oriented people who are purveyors of our core values; boldness, character, opportunity, grit, and innovation that are looking for the fast paced and exciting job of hitting the streets slinging beer.
Guns & Oil supports those who are living their Great American Dream by funding them with micro loans in order to help them pursue their business idea. To succeed here, you must be more than competent holding yourself accountable to goals on your own, and have a high EQ to operate in our system.
If you think you’d be a great fit, please send us a cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org titled “Why I am a great fit for Guns & Oil Beer in Austin.” In the cover letter, tell us why you are a great fit.
- Sales Representative will be responsible for growing total territory revenue and case sales versus the prior year.
- Must achieve growth targets and develop new accounts.
- Directly manage all aspects of assigned sales territory.
- Work autonomously to establish, develop, and grow a strong base of on premise and off premise accounts.
- Increase the availability and visibility of products in new and existing accounts.
- Participate in evening and weekend promotions and assist with special events.
- Complete daily account visit reports, monthly expense reports, and other surveys and reports as required.
- Keep up to date with company software programs to track and report daily accomplishments.
- Call on beer buyers for local and regional chain accounts.
- Identify and successfully sell to new customers.
- Secure draft space, shelf space, display space and share of cold box.
- Develop proposals for prospective customers and deliver persuasive sales presentations.
- Improve G&O status by building displays, resetting cold boxes, and increasing visibility through Point-of-sale.
- Maintain positive business relationships and communication with account owners, managers, buyers.
- Work with local distributor chain account managers, supervisors, and sales team.
- Provide excellent customer service through developing a regular call pattern to: book displays, place permanent point of sale, plan promotion activities, offer after the sale follow-through, provide craft beer education, etc.
- Introduce and sell in new brands and packages.
- Create and implement programs designed specifically for on premise accounts
- Conduct wait staff / bartender training.
- Achieve a minimum 5% on premise and 20% off premise distribution in each market.
- Identify to 20% of account base for each market and target those accounts.
- Twenty Five new package placements each week until distribution target is achieved.
- Five new draft placements each week until distribution target is achieved.
- Book two off premise promotions each week. Promotions should be a minimum of two hours on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Book one on premise promotion each week. Promotions should take place between 4pm and 7pm or what best fits the retailer request.
- Input information in LilyPad for each account visited. This should include retail contact information, items sold in, promotions, and follow up with account.
- One distributor personal work with each week. This should be with chain account manager, supervisor, or sales team member.
- Maintain a professional image and demeanor at all times
- Weekly breakdown: 60% sales calls and team development, 20% events and tastings, 15% working with distributor on goals and training, 5% administrative, because we all hate paperwork.
- Base + Monthly Commissions based on achieving sales targets
- Either a car or an allowance will be provided. A valid drivers license and acceptable driving record are required.
- Health insurance included
- Cell phone reimbursement included to $100 a month